Monday, September 21, 2015


EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED


 "A great book should leave you with many experiences, and slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading.” 

― William StyronConversations with William Styron


           Last September 16,2015, Wednesday, me and my blockmates decided to go to the 36th Manila International Book Fair happening at SMX convention center from Septemer 16- 20 (10am- 8 pm). This event could be considered a heaven for all the book lovers. I was really overwhelmed seeing people from different ages buying books, which made me realze how books put so much meaning to a person's life. I was never really a fan of reading, like I always prefer watching movies rather than reading books. I don't know maybe i'm just too lazy to finish a hundred page book or it's just that it's not my interest. So as Mr. Rondina announced that we have to visit the book fair, one thing comes to my mind "boring", I was seriously ranting about it when we're on our my way to MOA. 

"Anong gagawin ko don? hindi naman ako mahilig sa mga ganyan ganyan."..... "Kung may magugustuhan man akong libro wala akong pang bili naka budget na allowance ko." 

those are the things I kept on saying repeatedly. So as we enter inside SMX, I was really suprised by a lot of people, and majority of them are students.  As expected we were welcomed by mountains of books and you wouldn't believe that as I roamed around the book fair, i'm enjoying it, I love how different stores have their "gimiks" in order to catch people's attention, also the books were suprisingly at it's low prices. If you'r really a bookworm, you gotta love book sales that are almost half of the original price. 



Local books for a very low prices


Some books with a very catchy titles 


         Seeing different stores selling different kind of books was good. You can find here educational books, story books, novels, local books, cooking guidelines, religion books like bibles and many more. One thing I regret here is not bringing enough money to buy books that I like, and i'm kinda disappointed about it. The event hall was too big that it took us almost an hour and a half to finish exploring it. I really had fun. "Expect the unexpected"  I'm sure all the book lovers, wouldn't want to miss this one of a kind event. It turned out to be one of the best book fair that I had experienced, and i'm looking forward to attend more book fairs in the coming years.


                                                                                                     
                                                                                        -Anika Alvaro, 202A




















No comments:

Post a Comment