Sunday, August 16, 2015

"CinemaCrossXhibit"

During the Opening of Cinemalaya I was really excited that I arrived with a professor with me at the venue an hour early. When I am not yet at the venue I don’t know how I should react when I get there already I am like a kid going to get her new toy. You can say that I am really excited, I am expecting a lot from the event I am going to be in like how the film “Taklub” will turn out, am I going to like it or am I going to be excited on what will happen to me after that night. I am partly at the front line not really front because there are people who turn out to be a special guest. We waited half an hour, and the time came when we are already given a ticket and an announcement that the opening will start any minute. I barely can’t hear my own breathing as I enter the door and I almost forgot to have my ticket checked.
We have entered the Main Theatre it was so huge I remember being in a Cinema but the only difference is there is a group of musicians filed up below us and the only thing that got my attention is the red art in front of us, its mesmerizing to the eyes I remember the day why I want to be an artist. It brought back the memories when I can’t express myself to anyone. Moving on, the orchestra started with their piece and I can say that they were good. NO THEY ARE AWESOME, and I can’t keep my ear from hearing the Xylophone I really like its sounds it’s so lovely to the ears. It’s like I died that moment the piece were so peaceful and it’s partnered with a video. It’s so amazing because the timing of each scene fits the piece it’s like they are bringing me to another dimension and making me feel like I’m really part of the every scene I’m seeing. In short, they met the expectation I’m expecting to see from an orchestra group. That’s when the Cinemalaya is officially opened.
Before the free screening started the director were introduced and it is Direct Brillante Mendoza and the cast of “Taklub” I can say that direct isn’t prepared to what he is going to do because he missed a lot of people to mention and he stuttered when he speaks. Then, the movie started. It shows a setting that have been hit by a calamity and if you will remember it was the place of Takloban and I’m having in mind that “Taklub” was derived from “Tacloban” that the title was really referring to all the people that have been affected by the said calamity. I will honestly say that I almost fell asleep because of the shots that I don’t understand and I’m expecting something to happen but in the end its still like that, nothing is happening so I’m like “Nothing happened” and that thought remained to me and hit me like a jackpot when I realized that maybe that what the film is saying. That after the calamity they are still the same nothing happened after all the donations that was given to us from the other country. That was just my perspective but what really got me is when one of the cast who brings the cross, let go of the cross. Like that was a way of saying to us that they already given up, even their faith have given up. That was really sad, they lost everything even their hope they lost it.

We visited the exhibit after the show and we wasn’t able to go around it because of limited time and it was already late, and I’m impress that the exhibit was good. They have paintings that really got my attention and I was amazed to how they work with their arts, there are some arts where I feel like I can do that also why I am not an artist laughing to that thought but I’m hands down to their ideas it’s so broad and if I can do that why I wasn’t able to do that before they did it, right? But one thing for sure is; I’m amazed to what a Filipino can contribute to the economy of the Philippines and I will always wonder why the Philippines are still like this. We should really embrace the cultural arts of the Philippines because its where are treasure can be found and no one can steak it from us. More support and let’s push to the government that they should give more percent to this kind of art because it has the possibility to be known.

-Pugal, Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment