Tuesday, October 13, 2015

TRULY SPECTACULAR

BY: ANIKA ALVARO

     "Raising The Philippine Colors on the World Stage"

                        Last Saturday, October 10, 2015, was truly a spectacular day for us
                  only for me but also for my blockmates, it's really overwhelming to see artworks 
that was made by our own fellowmen, by a fellow Filipino. Big thanks to our professor
               for letting us experience this kind of event that really made us proud!



As we enter inside the convention center, we were welcomed by these amazing artworks, this
sets our mood and expectation that this place is really filled with a one of a kind crafts and artworks. 


"Still looking for the missing pieces to complete me" 


The funny thing I remember about this display is that when I heard a kid asking his mom 
"Mommy, why is she only wearing bra?" then her mom replied "Anak of all the thing, bakit yung bra pa niya yung napansin mo?" (what a sneaky kid, LOL ) 


This section is probably my favorite because of unordinary paintings with a little
touch of modernity.

Here are some of the paintings that really catched my attention:
(and I named them on my own) 



"What a girl wants?"


"Lust and love" 


"Menemist" 



"The modern day sleeping beauty"


:

"I scream for justice"


"Insecurity kills"

After spending almost an hour and a half of roaming around the convention center
I can say it's truly worth it, all the time, money and effort we spent in going here was
really paid off by those amazing artworks and crafts. I'm looking forward to attend
more Art Exhibits in the near future.

We scream for ice crean!!!!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment