Monday, October 12, 2015

Masterpiece in ManilArt

Masterpiece in ManilArt
By: Ruee Minardo

It was my first time to attend exhibits in a convention center and I find it very interesting. The whole ManilArt experience in Taguig amazed and struck me for its wondrous masterpieces. Everything was compact and relevant. I also learned so much from this experience. Before, I didn't know the difference of pastel and acrylic. I also realized that there are also mise-en-scenes in the painting just like the arranged marriage that was displayed there. Another section that was seeked my attention was the three dimensional artworks that was actually hand painted. I also loved the artwork that has Swarovskis in it. Those crafts were magnificent so I wasn't really shocked when the tour guide said their worth when they were auctioned. I also enjoyed looking at the warped paintings wherein they stretch an icons faces. Examples were Mona Lisa, Marilyn Monroe, Whisler's Mother and Scream. It made the painting very cutesy which I liked. I appreciate Filipino artists who never stops creating and expressing their feelings and emotions in the name of art. They should be honored and they should be an inspiration. 

No comments:

Post a Comment